QUOTE (Honeycomb Jack @ Jan 2 2011, 03:22 AM)
Can't you post anything without
1) antagonising people and
2) resorting to four-letter words?
Its a Happy New Year thread, for heaven's sake. If donavan thinks its a bit silly, then so what? I don't think it warrants the replies of asking if someone has pee'd on his cornflakes, and then being told to eff-off, and then being called a miserable git. Crikey, if he's had a bad new year (and christmas and new year are the times where the Samaritans are at their busiest) then those replies are going to make him feel a whole lot better, aren't they?
To me it seems like you XTCBP'rs delight in having little digs at people who don't have the exact same mindset as yourselves, and when they have a credible dig back, or try to open up a reasonable debate, you all run off giving the impression that you're group hug or whatever or stick your heads in the sand until the boogey-man goes away, when in reality you run off to the XTCbackporch (whether it be on Facebook or the other one), witter about the devil perpetrator of evil (whoever it may be, take your pick of one of three) and give them such a character assassination which if it happened in a social or work-type environment, would amount to bullying, especially given the amount of people who willingly jump in with a knife when these things happen.
And I know for a fact that there have been persons here who, when they've had the nerve to agree or 'play' with Duck Soup or myself, have been told in no uncertain terms not to, by PM.
Can you (XTCBackporchers) lot at least be a little more tolerant of people having differing views on this here forum in 2011?
You are becoming a total embarrassment to APE and the memory of XTC. Its about time you lot at the XTC backporch and the Facebook back porch cleaned your acts up. Maybe this could be your resolution for 2011?
Happy New Year again, whoever and wherever you are.
Well Jack, you bring up a lot of interesting points,
particularly coming from the guy that posted THIS to Lenin McCarthy (who happens to be suffering from a terminally degenerative disease)
in the "Recorded Music Is dead" thread:
QUOTE (Honeycomb Jack @ Dec 30 2010, 12:32 PM)
Yep, you're definitely suffering from 'head up the arse' syndrome, which manifests itself in posts like this and the urge to film and subsequently post videos of yourself opening packages on YouTube.
Be sure and let me know when you get a record deal
(For the record, LenMac is NOT a 'backporcher' - and donavan IS one.)
1) How much 'love and peace' is being expressed in the above post?
2) When did my response to donavan become about Honeycomb Jack?
3) If I (or any other 'backporcher') had asked anyone to not 'play' with you or Duck Soup. no one should have EVER posted in this thread, or ever responded positively to ANY of your posts, as MANY of my friends have. Let me name a few for you: blushift, miles aweigh, nightotter, mare, suzi, Andrew Swainson, favoritething…and that's just in THIS thread.
4) Donavan is a friend of mine. Friends often disagree. You are not a friend of mine, Jack. We often disagree, but I have treated you with nothing but respect and kid gloves as of late, and have intentionally avoided profanity.
5) If Andy Partridge did not want or allow profanity to be used here, that would be easily remedied. Andy Partridge uses profanity. Donavan uses profanity. I use profanity. Hell, even YOU use profanity (as in 'head up the arse') - you're just too chicken-shit to admit it.
1) Get off your cross.
2) Physician, heal thyself.
3) It's NOT all about you, Jack. When you and Ducky were gone for awhile, even I
missed you guys. (There - I admitted it. So sue me.) You're an intelligent and - very
occasionally - even funny guy. (And for the record, so is Duck Soup.)
There's plenty of room on APE for all of us, and we CAN all get along. How 'bout we ALL make that our 2011 APE Forum New Years resolution?
Peace and Love are tough words to live by. Wanna give it a try?
Happy New Year - to EVERYBODY (donavan included) - and especially to you, Jack.