IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Have Your Say On Lighterthief's Second Offering., Contributions from Ape maestro Andy P & our newest recruit Jen Oli
Steve
post Jul 15 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Another 3 tracks from Stuart Rowe, it includes contributions from Ape maestro Andy P & our newest recruit Jen Olive.

Now this IS different.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Honeycomb Jack
post Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

Apologies - I've copied this from the Trick Picture thread I started, hoping for Stu to answer my question..

This is SO good its unbelievable! I'm speechless! And for only £1.99 - get some in! Up On Hi is my favourite of the moment, but Scream Baby and Killing Time are also classy. Great to hear Andy and Jen singing here too!

Stu, big favour, when you get the time please? In lieu of cd covers etc, could you please post up a list of credits for the e.p.? Thanks again, what a wonderful e.p! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Duck Soup
post Jul 16 2009, 07:54 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 32

QUOTE (Steve @ Jul 15 2009, 05:48 PM) *
Another 3 tracks from Stuart Rowe, it includes contributions from Ape maestro Andy P & our newest recruit Jen Olive.

Now this IS different.

Top stuff Stu and gang...I played this to friends last night and they generally loved it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (Apart from a heavy rock, meat headed Black Sabbath fan but you can't win them all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) )

+Quote Post
SDR
post Jul 16 2009, 06:56 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Honeycomb Jack @ Jul 16 2009, 08:49 AM) *
Apologies - I've copied this from the Trick Picture thread I started, hoping for Stu to answer my question..

This is SO good its unbelievable! I'm speechless! And for only £1.99 - get some in! Up On Hi is my favourite of the moment, but Scream Baby and Killing Time are also classy. Great to hear Andy and Jen singing here too!

Stu, big favour, when you get the time please? In lieu of cd covers etc, could you please post up a list of credits for the e.p.? Thanks again, what a wonderful e.p! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thanks - glad you like it:)

Ok - credits are:

Up On Hi

Andy Partridge- Vocals/Guitar
Jen Olive- Vocals
Natasha Griffiths- Vocals
Para- Decks
Stuart Rowe- Bass/ Keys

Killing Time

Matthew Kilford- Vocals/ Piano/Bass/ Acoustic guitar
Natasha Griffiths - Vocals
Para- Decks
Stuart Rowe- Additional Bass/Electric Guitar/Drums/
Gemma Whitmarsh- Vocals
Julianne Bastock -Vocals
Richard Wileman- Additional guitar
Andy Partridge- Additional Production and arranging

Scream Baby

Natasha Griffiths - Vocals
Andy Partridge- Guitar
Cinzano Taylor- Guitar
Matthew Kilford- Rhodes
Para- Decks
Billy Jones- Harmonica
Emily Drake- Electric Violin
Stuart Rowe- Bass/ Synths

I ve put the lyrics at
http://www.lighterthiefmusic.com/Trick_Picture.html

Cheers

Stu

+Quote Post
Honeycomb Jack
post Jul 16 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Brilliant! Thanks a lot Stu, and my next question was going to be about the lyrics! This is like Christmas come early! Thanks again Stu (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Per Aronsson
post Jul 17 2009, 07:52 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5

Thanks Stu, you´re the man! Do you also have the lyrics to "Falling Into The Future"?

+Quote Post
Per Aronsson
post Jul 18 2009, 08:42 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Oop, I should have checked the site more carefully. The lyrics for Maximalism is also there... Thanks Stu!

+Quote Post
Honeycomb Jack
post Jul 18 2009, 11:52 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Another question please Stu - Who's idea was the artwork on both Trick Picture and Maximilism? (Apologies if this question has been already answered on the lighterthief site, but its Saturday night and alcohol is involved)
Sometime next week I've got a question regarding your Cybercaster, probably Wednesday(ish)
Hope you're having a good weekend!

+Quote Post
SDR
post Jul 19 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Honeycomb Jack @ Jul 19 2009, 12:52 AM) *
Another question please Stu - Who's idea was the artwork on both Trick Picture and Maximilism? (Apologies if this question has been already answered on the lighterthief site, but its Saturday night and alcohol is involved)
Sometime next week I've got a question regarding your Cybercaster, probably Wednesday(ish)
Hope you're having a good weekend!

Well- as in everything else to do with Lighterthief there’s quite a few people involved ☺– various ideas are thrown into the pot and we go with what we consider to be the best idea.

With Maximalism the original photo (which is me playing a piano) was taken by Lynette Thomas and then I worked on the artwork with an artist friend of mine, Paul Walters, and Cinzano Taylor who’s been involved with Lighterthief since day one. The Maximalism promo video has clips of all the variations that we did.

With Trick Picture we worked with the legendary Ape Design team- the two Andrews- Messrs Partridge and Swainson - I had some very rough ideas – nothing definite- and then these two hatched the final result.

Looking forward to the cybercaster question -hahah

Cheers

Stu

+Quote Post
Honeycomb Jack
post Jul 23 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SDR @ Jul 19 2009, 10:38 PM) *
Well- as in everything else to do with Lighterthief there’s quite a few people involved ☺��" various ideas are thrown into the pot and we go with what we consider to be the best idea.

With Maximalism the original photo (which is me playing a piano) was taken by Lynette Thomas and then I worked on the artwork with an artist friend of mine, Paul Walters, and Cinzano Taylor who’s been involved with Lighterthief since day one. The Maximalism promo video has clips of all the variations that we did.

With Trick Picture we worked with the legendary Ape Design team- the two Andrews- Messrs Partridge and Swainson - I had some very rough ideas ��" nothing definite- and then these two hatched the final result.

Looking forward to the cybercaster question -hahah

Cheers

Stu

Thanks for the answer Stu. What I really like about the artwork, and I don't know whether its intentional or not, is that with the e.p. being download only, it looks really good on the iPod. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I've put the Cybercaster question on the Q&A thread in 'Everything Else Lighterthief'. I hope you can handle it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Per Aronsson
post Aug 19 2009, 06:42 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

I´ven been out walking with music a lot lately and put Ligtherthief on a loop. So many good tracks. "Up On Hi" is so beautiful. Jens singing is out of this world. And Andys guitarriff in "Scream Baby" could only be invented by him. Brilliant. Specially the "dip" (sorry, can´t find a better word right now) after 8 seconds...

+Quote Post
SDR
post Aug 19 2009, 09:05 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Per Aronsson @ Aug 19 2009, 07:42 AM) *
I´ven been out walking with music a lot lately and put Ligtherthief on a loop. So many good tracks. "Up On Hi" is so beautiful. Jens singing is out of this world. And Andys guitarriff in "Scream Baby" could only be invented by him. Brilliant. Specially the "dip" (sorry, can´t find a better word right now) after 8 seconds...

aha- actually - the "dip' was a result of the computer improvising- I always let the compute randomise on certain parts so in this case Andy played the riff- we looped it-let it run for a few minutes using a piece of software called Supatrigga which randomly slows down the audio-rearranges it-reverses it etc

I allow various parameters to have their own way- and set a percentage for it to do it- maybe 15 per cent-then I trawl thru the results and look for interesting bits.

It can result in some really catastrophic moments but occasionally you get a beautiful little thing like this- the combination of Andy's genius and "The Gods of Supatrigga ' smiling on us:)

However the computer takes no credit for Jen's singing- that's exactly how they arrived- I woke up one morning and found 35 vocal tracks in my inbox-hahah-it was so perfect for the song- that part -its beautiful- astonishing really.

Cheers

Stu

+Quote Post
Per Aronsson
post Dec 11 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Uh, posted in wrong thread twice...

This post has been edited by Per Aronsson: Dec 11 2009, 03:16 PM

+Quote Post
Per Aronsson
post Dec 11 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

As above.

This post has been edited by Per Aronsson: Dec 11 2009, 03:17 PM

+Quote Post
Kendley
post Feb 15 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

Wonderful stuff -- just downloaded last weekend -- I wondered about the "dip" as well.
You people are making a half-crippled, middle-aged man dance.
Ouch. Thanks a lot.

+Quote Post
simpleton01
post May 24 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Two words: Love it!

Can't wait to hear more!

Wait, that was seven words.

+Quote Post
simpleton01
post May 25 2010, 07:02 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Up On Hi - Dig it! As you've read here on the forum, features Jen Olive and Andy P. frolicking in the musical stratosophere. It's fresh and it's fun.

This post has been edited by simpleton01: May 25 2010, 07:13 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 02:05 AM